About this job:
Musicnotes has been transforming the way people purchase and play sheet music since 1998. We are the world's leading digital sheet music retailer, and as the Business Intelligence Analyst, you will become part of the global music community.
In this newly created position, we are seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst whose insights will directly impact the bottom line of the Musicnotes business. You will work extensively with senior leadership, product teams, marketing, finance, and operations to analyze data and recommend opportunities to grow the business. You will be an expert with analyzing data sets while being naturally curious, enjoy diving deep into data analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions. You will also be responsible to conceptualize, design, and produce visually compelling business intelligence (BI) reporting solutions (reports, dashboards, etc.)
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with leaders of functional areas (e.g., Marketing, Operations, Technology, Finance, Publications) to identify the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Design, build, deliver, and maintain reporting for all areas of the business.
- Partner with executive leadership in making data-motivated decisions.
- Identify business challenges and find solutions through data analysis.
- Analyze data sources to understand key drivers of the business.
- Monitor daily KPIs and other metrics to help company leadership stay on top of business trends.
- Using input from key stakeholders, conceptualize, design, and create useable reports, preferably through Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Utilize visual analytics skills to tell a compelling story of findings.
- Collaborate with software engineers who will implement the data architecture and design.
- Establish and communicate a business analytics process for stakeholder’s ease of use.
- Streamline and improve internal reporting processes and deliverables.
- Review and incorporate third party data into your reporting, as needed.
What You’ll Bring:
- BA in Business Administration (e.g., finance, accounting, business management, marketing, economics) or related field, or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis or related field is required.
- Experience with e-commerce business analytics is preferred.
- Exceptional conceptual and analytical thinking skills are required. The ability to concisely provide recommendations and action plans to support our mission is required.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to deliver on mutually agreed upon timelines is required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, or similar software.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI, including experience creating reports and measures is preferred.
- SQL Server experience is preferred.
- Experience working with modeled datasets is required.
- SEO/search engine analysis experience is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, taking ownership of your work product is required.
- Knowledge of standard music terminology pertaining to describing music technically is preferred.
In exchange for your talents we offer you competitive pay and benefits coupled with a casual, flexible schedule, and music inspired environment. This opportunity does not allow a remote work option. Availability to commute to our office is required. We do allow a hybrid or in office option. Musicnotes is located in Madison, WI a vibrant city that offers urban amenities steps away from all that nature has to offer. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and pay requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.